Did you know that a $500 gift to The Fund for VCU contributes as much to the university's annual budget as a $10,000 endowed fund? Yes, Annual Fund gifts provide a major investment in our students.
Take a minute to watch this video. You'll meet a few of today's VCU students and learn why you should invest in VCU.
The Fund for VCU is a key source of unrestricted dollars that support virtually everything on this campus without walls. Gifts can be designated to any VCU program, school or entity. Annual gifts to The Fund for VCU allow the university to take advantage of new opportunities, respond to challenges and invest strategically in the future of the university. Unlike endowment gifts, gifts to The Fund for VCU can be used immediately.
Your gift to The Fund for VCU:
• Provides tuition assistance for deserving students
• Enhances academic and student life
• Strengthens our faculty by providing vital research, travel and programmatic support
• Advances our community initiatives
Your annual gift to The Fund for VCU underscores your commitment to the future of the university. Your gift—of any size and made every year—makes an investment in VCU's pursuit to become a premier urban research institution.
Here are some of the many reasons to make a gift to The Fund for VCU:
• You think changing the life of a student is an excellent return on investment.
• You know that state funding dwindles each year.
• You believe giving back to your alma mater is important.
• You love VCU.
• You want today's students to enjoy the same diverse learning environment you experienced.
• You recognize that VCU depends on annual fund support because the state covers only 35% of VCU's yearly operating expenses.
• You're celebrating a reunion this year and want to contribute to your class gift.
• You understand that alumni giving rates affect national university rankings, and a higher ranking will make your VCU and or MCV degree more valuable.
• Best of all, you want to make a gift to the VCU school or unit of your choice.
So the real question is, why not give to The Fund for VCU? Every gift matters. Make yours today.
The most common and quickest way to support student scholarships is by giving online. Or you might prefer to mail a check, send gifts of stock or make an estate gift. No matter how you give, the students benefit the most from your generosity.
Make checks payable to:
Virginia Commonwealth University
Attn. Gifts Processing
P.O. Box 842026
Richmond, VA 23284-0441