Sip, Sip Hooray: Wine Tasting 101**Revised date
6:30 p.m. - 7:30 p.m. June 25, 2020
All you need is an internet connection to enjoy an educational and fun wine-tasting experience with Terricinia St. Clair (B.F.A.’98/A), owner of The Tipsy Sommelier. In this interactive, virtual wine tasting, sponsored by the African American Alumni Council, you’ll learn basic wine-tasting techniques, while discovering identifying characteristics of three of the six noble wine varietals, all of which can be purchased ahead of time at your local Total Wine store: Firebrand Chardonnay, Mina Mesa Cabernet and Dr. Heidermann’s Blitz Riesling.
For the best experience, you will need:
- A large, clean wine glass (stem preferred but stemless is OK)
- White surface to view the color of the wines (this could be a white paper napkin)
- Water to stay hydrated and to rinse your glass between wines
- Dry, unsalted crackers to cleanse your palate between wines
If you want to pair your wines with food, try these recommendations:
- Cheeses: Brie, goat cheese, Asiago, parmesan and/or gouda
- Foods: Shellfish, poultry, salmon or curry
- Cheeses: Havarti, cheddar, (sharp or mild), bleu cheese and/or gorgonzola
- Foods: Grilled beef, lamb, cured meat or dark chocolate
- Cheeses: Havarti, bleu cheese, colby, baby Swiss and/or gouda
- Foods: Spicy Asian dishes, smoked salmon, fruit (apples, melon, peaches), dessert
A link to the virtual event will be sent in your confirmation email.