VCU Alumni Council
Virginia Commonwealth University has established the VCU Alumni Council to enhance, unite and support its 208,000 alumni worldwide.
Alumni were previously served by two 501(c)3 organizations, VCU Alumni and the MCV Alumni Association, whose boards earlier this year voted to dissolve their respective nonprofits and align with the VCU Office of Development and Alumni Relations. (Read more.)
The new VCU Alumni Council is being developed collaboratively among alumni, DAR staff and other campus partners and increases the value and reach of alumni services by creating more engagement and volunteer opportunities for chapters and constituent organizations worldwide.
The council exists to:
- Engage alumni based on their affinities and interests
- Amplify alumni voices and share their accomplishments
- Build community and connection among all alumni
- Support the student to graduate transition by developing relationships and networks
- Embrace the diversity and legacy of the university
- Contribute to the culture of philanthropy among alumni by investing in the university
- Champion: Advocate for VCU and our alumni while staying informed of university and alumni initiatives, news and events.
- Invite: Use your personal and professional networks to encourage alumni engagement with VCU.
- Invest: Contribute your time, talent and treasure to VCU and invest in the future of the university.
With 50 volunteer positions available among six committees, the new representational council offers increased opportunities for alumni to actively serve the university and to help plan future investments in alumni programs and services.
- Alumni Connections and Networking Committee
- Campus Engagement Committee
- Constituent Organization Support Committee
- Culture, Values and Diversity Committee
- Grants, Awards and Scholarships Committee
- Recent Graduate and Student Engagement Committee