Diversity, equity and inclusion
Diversity, equity and Inclusion will be the cornerstone of all programs, initiatives and events within the Office of Alumni Relations. We aim to reflect and empower the voices of VCU’s distinctive alumni community. We are committed to creating alumni programming, events and initiatives that recognize, embrace and represent diverse backgrounds, identities, viewpoints and lived experiences. The Office of Alumni Relations provides a safe, trusting and supportive environment to explore, create, learn and serve. We will not tolerate or condone discrimination.
We strive to incorporate the following principles in all that we do:
- Diversity: The wide variety of shared and different personal and group characteristics among human beings.
- Inclusion: Authentic and empowered participation in decision-making processes in ways that lead to equity.
- Equity: The state, quality or ideal of being just, impartial and fair.
Programs and resources
|Group 1 icon||Group 1 description||Group 2 icon||Group 2 description|
|Affinity, shared interest and identity-based groups||Programming|
University initiatives and programs
- Office of Multicultural Student Affairs
- Office of Institutional Equity, Effectiveness and Success
- Health Sciences Diversity, Equity and Inclusion Framework
Please share your DEI resources, feedback, comments and experiences with us.
We acknowledge that the land each of us live, learn and thrive are the traditional, ancestral and unceded homelands of Indigenous and tribal nations. Our home and institution is on the original homelands of the Monocan tribal nation(s). We acknowledge the genocide and systems of oppression that have dispossessed Indigenous people of their lands and we honor and respect the diverse and beautiful peoples still connected to this land.