Back to event list
Ask the Experts: Virtual career coaching session
7 p.m. - 8 p.m. March 19, 2019
The VCU Office of Alumni Relations is hosting a virtual career coaching session with experts to provide advice and answer questions specific to your career goals.
How it works:
At the start of the event, log in from your smartphone, tablet or computer. The private text-based chat lasts 10 minutes for immediate actionable feedback about your resume and career goals. When your session ends or while you wait for it to begin, enjoy networking with other alumni from around the world. Afterward, add your new connections to your LinkedIn network.
Learn more and register
How to prepare:
- Update your resume and save it as a PDF file.
- Log in and upload your resume 24 hours before the session begins.
- Prepare a list of questions:
- What are your suggestions for transitioning into the ___ field?
- What is your advice for ____?
- Which resume format will best highlight my unique qualifications?
- How should my LinkedIn profile reflect my resume?
During the session:
- Enter the booth of the coaches with whom you’d like to connect. You can chat with more than one coach.
- Click the green button to begin.
- Chat with the coach for 10 minutes and receive feedback.
After the session:
- Use the advice from your coach to update your resume and set your new path in motion.
Meet the coaches:
- Sheena Davis, certified professional resume writer, Power Packed Resumes (B.A.‘06/H&S).
- Rachel Rodney, assistant director career services, University of Richmond (B.A.‘11/B).
Questions? Contact Latisha Taylor, associate director, outreach & engagement – alumni career programs at email@example.com.